Monday, April 13, 2009

Can you eat your cake and lose the fat too?

You may have heard of Joel Marion before, he won the 2001 Body-for-Life Body Transformation Challenge. My girlfriend and I also entered the BFL challenge that same year but unfortunately we didn't win :-(









Anyway, Joel recently sent me a couple videos clips where he goes into detail about some of the major pitfalls of dieting and how you can actually use your favorite high calorie "junk foods" to keep your metabolism high and lose bodyfat faster!

Now before you say that it sounds "too good to be true", there is some merit to this train of thought. If you who have worked with me one-on-one in the past or have read my new book Your First Bodybuilding Competition you know that I utilize a similar strategy by using "carbohydrate cycling" when training for fat loss.

But I have to admit that Joel's approach works better for the regular gym goer who doesn't quite have the dietary discipline of a competitive bodybuilder and would like to "eat their cake & lose the fat too".

When Joel gets all his videos uploaded I'll post the links here on my blog so you can go check them out for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Hello again Lee,
    Eating junk food and losing fat at the same time... Sounds like something my brother Tony up in queens could use. You see he's in for the fight of his life right now with the battle of the bulge. He's not a weight trainer like me, but he dose manage to do some pushups and crunches and Life Cycle cardio. I have a better than average knowledge of exercise and nutrition, I explained to him the yes and no's, do's and don'ts, myths and facts, pro and cons of exercise and nutrition. He listens to me since I have never drank, smoked, or done any drugs. I am guilty though of eating junk food and being over weight. Well what can I say nobody's perfect! My brother is diabetic and so am I, but I no longer use any type of medication. I control my diabetes with proper exercise, and nutrition and lost close to 60 lbs of fat without losing a whole lot of muscle in 1 year. I have about 25 lbs left to lose, but I expect to be ripped and shreded by mid summer. I just have to amp up my cardio a bit in the morning hrs. I've coached my brother into losing 35 of his 320 mark, but his wife tells me he's starting to eat junk food again. I told her that I explained to him its ok to eat what he craves once in a while just don't over do it and do an extra 20 minutes of cardio on his Life Cycle on that day while watching TV. Maybe ( Joel Marion's Videos ) can provide some extra help. Let me know when they are posted. Thanks you for your services Lee! You are greatly appreciated for the fitness knowledge you provide us with.
    Robert Valdes

    ReplyDelete