Monday, November 2, 2009

Can you gain muscle and lose fat at the same time?

Over the weekend I was chatting with professional strongman competitor Elliott Hulse. And I have to say, this guy knows his stuff when it comes to training to get brutally strong.

But that strength came at a cost of gaining a lot of excess bodyfat in the process. And Elliott admits that it was a huge mistake on his part letting himself go like that.

But I have a lot of respect for this guy because he swallowed his pride and exposed the truth for the world to see...

(It's not easy for a pro to confess he screwed up!)

Elliott went back to the drawing board and came up with a unique training strategy that combines strongman, bodybuilding, and bodyweight conditioning workouts to create the optimal training environment for rapidly building lean muscle while trimming off that excess pudge at the same time.

He just posted up a video explaining how the whole process works and I think you should check it out at:

http://www.LeanHybridMuscle.net

But I have to warn you, it does contain some pretty WEIRD and embarrassing moments. However, I think you'll be able to relate a bit to what these guys went through. I know I could.

Again, the link to check it out is at:

http://www.LeanHybridMuscle.net

4 comments:

  1. Type 3 muscle? Sounds weird, but hey, who says that it isn't true? I have subscribed, thanks for the link, Lee.. You're the best

    -Mads Bille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my namae is Albert and I love to work out. I also have high blood pressure and am restricted to what supplements Im able to take. What feed back do you have on this issue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Studies have shown that it is more effective to reduce the weight in order to gain muscle mass quickly. With a more controlled movement, the main muscle fibers are stimulated more. These muscle fibers makes up for the main part of the muscle and is responsible for the strength and holding power of the muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have put muscle on but need to cut in for the summer time help me please

    ReplyDelete