Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Leg Workout…

Right now I'm weight training every second day and then on my off days from weight training I'll do some cardio. I try to do my cardio outside when ever possible, especially now that it is summer time and we are getting some beautiful weather; Sunny, warm, girls wearing short shorts... ahhh... you just gotta love summer :-)

My cardio workouts usually consists of walking my dog or mountain biking. But today my cardio workout happened to be mowing the grass, it normally takes me about an hour to mow, unless I get lazy and let it grow too much then it takes longer...

Last evening I trained legs and abs in the gym. I brought my digital camera to get some video clips because I never posted any leg workout videos here before.

This is the leg workout that I did...
(Note: each exercise is proceeded by as many warm up sets as I feel I need).

Leg Press:
2 sets of 6 reps with 9 plates per side.

Stiff Leg Deadlifts:
2 sets of 6 reps with 245 lbs.
(Note: used 25 pound plates to get a better stretch and range of motion)

Leg Extensions:
2 sets of 6 reps with 200 lbs.

Standing Calf Raise:
2 sets of 6 reps with full stack 300 lbs.
(Note: even though the weight stack is fairly light for a standing calf raise, the way this particular machine is set up it feels a lot heavier then most calf raise machines with weight stacks of 500+ lbs. This is quite common with different brands of workout machines, cable pulleys, etc. the resistance will vary greatly from one machine to another.)

Decline Bench Sit Ups:
4 sets of 25 reps just using bodyweight.

Here is a youtube video of my leg workout...

No comments:

Post a Comment