Friday, July 11, 2008

Leg Workout - hack squat, leg press, calf raises...

On Tuesday of this week I was supposed to meet a personal training client of mine at the gym… but he turned out to be a no show, so instead of wasting a trip I squeezed in a leg workout for myself instead. This particular gym is not the normal gym that I train at, I just have a membership there so I can go in a do some personal training with clients of mine. Anyway the gym has some different equipment then what I’m used to so it was nice for a change.

I started off with 10 minutes on the elliptical machine as a warm up.

Then started my leg workout with hack squats. Hack squats normally kill my knees, but the machine they have at this gym is old as the hills, and surprisingly quite comfortable compared to a lot of hack squat machines. Anyway I worked up to 2 sets of 225 lbs. for 6 reps, going ass to the ground with each rep and it never bothered my knees at all which was great.

Then I moved on to their leg press machine, which again was old as dirt, but none the less it was pretty solid machine. The thing could only hold 8 plates per side max, so after a few warm ups I loaded it up and did a couple sets of 10 reps.

After that I went on to the standing calf raise machine and did a few sets of 10 reps with the full stack (500 lbs.) when I do calfs I really exaggerate the stretch at the bottom and the peak contraction at the top. Holding each position for a couple seconds.

Afterwards I finished off with another 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. It was a simple leg workout, but quick and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment