Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Simple Arm Workout – Biceps and Triceps

Yesterday I trained my arms. It was actually the first time that I worked arms in a couple weeks because I have a bit of elbow tendonitis (i.e. tennis elbow) that has really been hampering my workouts. I go through phases like this from time to time where joint pain flares up and it is very frustrating. If you’ve ever had tendonitis in your joints then you know what I’m talking about.

I did all machine exercises for moderate weights as this feels the most comfortable on the joints.

I started my workout with 10 minutes on the cardio rowing machine to warm up my arms.

The first exercises were a super-set of cable curls with an ez bar from the low pulley cable and tricep pushdowns from the high pulley cable.

Cable Curls:
5 sets of 100 lbs. x 10 reps

super set with…

Tricep Push Downs:
5 sets of 100 lbs. x 10 reps

Then I moved on to another super-set of Life Fitness preacher curl machine and Hammer Strength tricep extensions.

Preacher Curls:
5 sets of 60 lbs. x 10 reps

super set with…

Tricep Extensions:
5 sets of 60 lbs. x 10 reps

Each exercise was proceeded by 1-2 lighter warm up sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment