Saturday, May 17, 2008

Workout journal for Thursday May 15…

I took today off from weight training. When I’m training for a contest I don’t normally plan my training days in advance, I just listen to my body and if I feel like I need a day off, then I take a day off.

I still did 45 minutes of cardio in the morning. I ended up doing the entire 45 minutes of the elliptical machine because I was reading some bodybuilding related articles while I was doing my cardio and lost track of the time, which is a good thing because it makes the workout go faster.

When I do my cardio I usually go at a moderate pace getting my heart rate up around 115 – 125 beats per minute. I know the whole high intensity interval cardio workouts are becoming more popular, and yes they do work well. But when you’re dieting on virtually zero carbs, plus doing weight training workouts as well, the whole idea of doing a ball busting cardio workout just isn’t that appealing. At this stage I’ll gladly go for 45 minutes of moderate cardio over 20-25 minutes of running sprints or some other high intensity cardio.

Later in the evening I practiced my posing and started piecing together my routine. I usually like to have this done at least 6 weeks out, but I’ll be honest I’ve been a bit slack with my posing practice for this show because I’ve just been extremely busy these days.

In addition to running my online business I own and manage several rental properties, I’m also doing an online Internet marketing course which is 3-4 classes per week, and doing all that combined with dieting, training, and cardio for contest prep doesn’t leave a whole lot of free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment