Thursday, May 22, 2008

Workout For Tuesday May 20…

I did my first let workout in over a couple weeks. My pulled quad muscle is healing up slowly, but there is noticeable improvements every couple days. It only hurts now when I flex hard.

For my workout I started with 10 minutes on the rowing machine as a warm up and then did a light active recovery leg workout, basically just going through the motions and working the muscles.

Each exercises started with a couple light progressively heavier warm up sets.

Weight Stack Leg Press Machine:
Note, this isn’t the “real” 45 degree angle plated loaded leg press, but it is good enough for active recovery type of workouts.
2 sets of 10 reps with 150 lbs.

Leg Extensions:
2 sets of 90 lbs. x 10 reps

Seated Leg Curls:
2 sets of 110 lbs. x 10 reps

Inner Thigh Machine:
2 sets of 210 lbs. x 10 reps

Outer Thigh Machine:
2 sets of 250 lbs. x 10 reps

Single Leg Kick Back Machine:
2 sets of 110 lbs. x 10 reps

Standing Calf Raises:
2 sets of 210 lbs. x 10 reps
(I really focus on going slow and getting a good stretch with all calf work. I find that works better for building the calfs then bouncing up and down with a ton of weight like most folks do.)

Abs:
Hold the abdominal plank for 3 x 1 minute sets.

Finished off with 100 crunches on the stability ball.

Pic of the abdominal plank...

No comments:

Post a Comment