Friday, May 30, 2008

I know... I’ve been a bit slack lately…

I know I’ve been a bit slack with updating my workouts here lately…

Part of the reason is that I’ve recently been working with several new people with customized training & nutrition programs and this has been taking up a lot of my time. But another reason is that my strength and energy levels are rock bottom at this stage. Just a little over a week out from my contest and the low carb dieting is really starting to take it’s toll… But the finish line is in sight. I’m basically just going through the motions with my workouts with light weights.

On Sunday May 25 I trained chest, shoulders, and triceps. I did several machine exercises such as: incline bench press machine, shoulder press machine, pec dec, upright cable rows, side lateral machine, tricep push downs, and finished off with bodyweight push ups.

Quite honestly, I’m not even keeping track of my weights at this stage because I’m not setting any personal records in the gym. I’m just going through the motions, getting a pump, and burning up calories. After the show when I’m eating more and well rested I’ll go back to keeping accurate records and striving to improve with each workout.

On Monday May 26 I trained legs and abs. I did a bunch of different leg machines like hack squats, leg extensions, leg curls, inner / outer thigh machine, and calf raises. Then I did some sit ups, leg raises, crunches, etc. for abs all done for high reps using just bodyweight.

I took Tuesday May 27 off from weight training but I did go for a 45 minute walk with my dog for some cardio.

On Wednesday May 28 I trained back and biceps. Doing some light deadlifts, pull downs, 1 arm rows, face pulls, then ez barbell curls and dumbbell hammer curls. I finished off with a half hour of cardio on the elliptical machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment