Saturday, May 17, 2008

Workout journal for Friday May 16…

Just 3 weeks out from the show…

Today was another eventful day. Like I mentioned in my last post I have several rental properties that I own and manage. And 2 of my apartments are currently getting some minor renovations as the previous tenants moved out last month and I’m doing the typical fix ups like patching up any nicks in the wall from moving furniture, painting, steam cleaning the carpets, etc. and getting them ready to rent out again. So that’s what I was doing earlier in the day.

Then I had a personal training client mid-day. Afterwards I did an hour of cardio, which I divided up between the spinning bike, recumbent bike, and the elliptical machine.

After that I handled my online business, answering e-mail, packing and shipping orders, etc.

Took a 30 minute “power nap” and then got ready to head to the gym for my workout…

I trained chest, shoulders, and triceps. I took my digital camera with me to the gym and set it on movie mode and shot the heavy sets of each exercise I did. Then afterwards pieced them together into a couple youtube videos which I've posted here...

Note:
only the top heavy sets are listed, but I’ll do a couple warm ups for each exercise…

Hammer Strength Incline Bench Press:
2 sets of 315 lbs. x 6 reps

Pec Dec Flyes:
2 sets of 165 lbs. x 6 reps (+ partial reps at the end)

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press:
2 sets of 310 lbs. x 6 reps

Life Fitness Side Lat Machine:
2 sets of 130 lbs. x 6 reps

Dips:
2 sets of 25 reps

Tricep Push Downs:
2 sets of 100 lbs. x 6 reps

100 Total Push Ups:
Set 1 - 50 reps
Set 2 - 30 reps
Set 3 - 20 reps

I’m doing mostly machine exercises in my workouts at this stage as I’m only a few weeks out from the contest and I don’t want to risk injury by performing heavy free weight exercises. And besides I’m not going to be building any new size on a calorie and carb restricted diet.

Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps Workout Video Part 1:



Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps Workout Video Part 2:

No comments:

Post a Comment