Saturday, May 24, 2008

Workouts For Thursday May 22…

I took today off from weight training, I was just feeling burnt out. But I did do an hour of cardio in the morning divided up between my elliptical and stepper that I have at home.

I also decided to do a trail “carb up” like I would do before the show. Even though I had originally planned to tough it out and stick with low carbs right through I found that my bodyweight was at a plateau for the last week or so of around 205 lbs.

So the carbing up would serve a few purposes…

First…
it would give my metabolism a good swift kick in the arse. I always find that once I go back to my normal dieting after a couple high calorie days, I’ll hit a new all time low in bodyweight and actually look tighter then I was before the high calorie days.

Second…
it will allow me to see how my body reacts to the carb load after being so carb depleted. Basically, if I look better, tighter, and fuller then I’ll do a similar approach before the show. But if I get bloated, then I’ll be more conservative with the carb loading before the show.

And Third…
It is a dam nice break from eating nothing but protein, veggies, and fat for the past several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment