Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Workout For Sunday May 18…

We had some good weather this weekend mostly sunny and about 15 degrees celsius (that’s approx. 55-60 degrees fahrenheit) that’s really good for Newfoundland this time of year so I took advantage of it and got out and did some bike riding as my cardio.

Later in the day I trained chest, shoulders, and triceps.

I still want to give my pulled quad some more recovery time before attempting any leg workouts with it. The bike riding wasn’t too bad as I didn’t really ride that hard anyway, but could feel it pain a little bit when I climbed hills.

All that really matters is that it gets fully healed up before the contest so I can keep it tight when doing my front poses. For the abs and thigh pose I use my other leg, so I shouldn’t have any problem with that.

For my weight training workout I did:

(Note: each exercise is proceeded by as many warm up sets as needed)

Hammer Strength Incline Bench Press:
2 sets of 315 lbs. x 6 reps

Pec Dec Flyes:
2 sets of 180 lbs. x 6 reps

Hammer Strength Plate Loaded Shoulder Press:
(this was a different variation then the one I used in my last workout)
2 sets of 275 lbs. x 6 reps

Life Fitness Side Lat Machine:
1 set of 130 lbs. x 6 reps
1 drop set 130 x 6, 100 x 6, and 70 x 6

Dips:
2 sets of 25 reps
(had to rest pause the second set to get all 25 reps)

Hammer Strength Tricep Extensions:
2 sets of 120 lbs. x 6 reps

Afterwards I did some stretching, some ab work, had a 20 minute tan and headed home for another delicious meal of meat and veggies…

I have to say, the low carb diet is not as bad as most people think. I think it does a better job of controlling the appetite then a “moderate carb” diet does. But there is not a whole lot of eating satisfaction. I’m really looking forward to just stuffing my face until I’m ready to pop after the show LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment